NORRISTOWN — The Montgomery County Commissioners in partnership with the county’s human resources have announced a sign-on bonus for eligible jobs at the county.
The sign on bonus is being offered to “help recruit for critical roles with high vacancy rates” and to assist the county in competing for talent in a competitive job market.
The one-time sign-on bonus will equal 10% of the annual salary amount (before taxes) and will be paid out once the employee completes their 90-day introductory period of employment with the county, according to a Wednesday press release announcing the initiative.
The sign-on bonus is effective for new hires approved starting June 2, 2022, and will continue until further notice. Other conditions apply, so new hires should refer to the sign-on bonus policy for full details.
A full list of eligible positions can be viewed at www.montcopa.org/bonus. Current roles eligible for a sign-on bonus include:
• Assets & Infrastructure: Day custodians and roads and bridges laborer I and laborer II
• County and Courthouse Security: Security officer I
• Correctional Facility: Correctional officers
• Department of Public Safety: 9-1-1 telecommunicators
• District Attorney’s Office: Assistant district attorneys
• Office of Children and Youth: Protective caseworkers
• Office of Public Health: Public health nurses
• Office of Senior Services: Protective caseworkers
• Office of the Public Defender: Attorney I
• Sheriff’s Office: Deputy Sheriffs
• Youth Center: Secure detention counselors and youth and family advocates
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online by visiting www.montcopa.org/jobs. Jobs eligible for the sign-on bonus will be indicated by text in the job posting.
Montgomery County offers its employees a benefits package that includes: Competitive salary; comprehensive healthcare coverage; pension and retirement savings; employee tuition and higher education benefits; annual leave and vacation; paid parental leave; health and wellness support; public service loan forgiveness; and remote work available for certain positions.
To learn more about the benefits of working at Montgomery County, PA visit www.montcopa.org/benefits.